To the Most Holy Trinity
To the Blessed Virgin Mary
Queen of the Holy Rosary of Pompeii
To the Pope John Paul II
The Holy Biblical Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary consists of 7 Mysteries, of meditation and prayer, one for each of the 7 days of the week.
It is in a strict chronological order and the single mysteries are in the same order too.
It is made in this way so that, reciting the holy Rosary every day, we can meditate on all the history of the Salvation, which reaches its peak on Sunday, the day of Christ’s resurrection, the day of the holy Easter of the Lord in the true sense of the word.
Thus, in accordance with a biblical model, focus on our Lord Jesus Christ and on his holy Mother, the Blessed (“µακαριοῦσίν με”: Lk 1,48) Virgin Mary. For the single days of the week we will have the following Mysteries:
||THE MYSTERIES of the CREATION (6 Meditations);
||THE MISTERIES of the POWER of GOD (6 Meditations);
||THE MYSTERIES of the JOY or THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES;
||THE MYSTERIES of the LIGHT;
||THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES;
||HE MYSTERIES OF THE SILENCE OF GOD (with reference to the Holy Saturday and to the “silence” of the Shabat);
||THE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES.
This holy rosary obviously does not replace:
- The official Holy Rosary, established from the Church (The Joyful Mysteries - The Mysteries of the Light - The Sorrowful Mysteries - The Glorious Mysteries);
- The studying, the meditation and the listening to the Word, to the Holy Scripture.
On the contrary, prayer and meditation with the help of the holy rosary are a continuous reference to the completeness of the Holy Scripture, in order to recognize in our life the greatness of God’s love for mankind and how all the “worry” of God is simply the search for the real Salvation of the man, Salvation he can reach only when he says “YES” to God, i.e. when he opens, totally and without any fear, his heart to Him.
With the holy rosary we praise and thank God and we give the right place, the right worship to the Blessed Virgin Mary, according to the exhortation of the Angel to her husband Josef, which is important for all of us: “Do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit” (Mt 1,20).
Above all remember:
DO NOT BE AFRAID! DO NOT BE AFRAID! DO NOT BE AFRAID!
THE BLESSED VIRGIN WILL GUIDE YOU SAFELY TOWARDS JESUS!
We recommend the reading of these two recent documents of the Pope (S. Ioannes Paulus PP. II):
HOW TO RECITE IT
- After the Sign of the Cross, recite Glory be and the two prayers of the introduction, proclaim the Mystery and then say 1 Our Father and 10 Hail Mary followed by Glory be and by the two prayers of the introduction; then proclaim the next Mystery and so on.
- Particularly throughout the prayer of Our Father and of the 10 Hail Mary let your mind (and your heart!) flow over the Mystery just proclaimed.
So, these are the Prayers and the Mysteries of
The Holy Biblical Rosary
of the Blessed Virgin Mary:
Sign of the Cross: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Blessed be the Holy and Immaculate Conception of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God and our Mother.
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
(Then proclaim the Mystery)
Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, On earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death. Amen. (10 times).
THE MYSTERY of the CREATION
- YHWH (Jahvè): the FATHER, through the WORD (ΛΟΓΟΣ - VERBUM), [“Let there be”],
creates Heaven and Earth and the HOLY SPIRIT, who already presided over the Creation with his Wisdom, hovering over the water which was covering the Earth, sanctifies the Created.
creates the Man, male and female, in his own Image.
- GOD after the original sin, promises the Woman that, through her descent, he will be crushing the serpent’s head, the enemy of mankind.
- Melchizedek, King and Priest, prophetically offers the Lord bread and wine as a thanksgiving for the victory of the Holy Patriarch Abraham. (Gen. 14, 18-20).
- Abraham gets the visit of our Lord, the Most Holy Trinity, he recognizes Him and gives Him hospitality at the Oak of Mamre (Gen. 18, 1-15).
- God, according to his Promise to Abraham, liberates Isaac from death “I will make your descendants as many as the stars of heaven and the grains of sand on the seashore. Your descendants shall gain possession of the gates of their enemies” – Gen. 22,17) and establishes his Covenant with Abraham (“All the nations of the Earth shall bless themselves by your descendants, as a reward for your obedience” – Gen. 22,18).
THE MISTERY of the POWER of GOD
- GOD personally liberates his people from the slavery in Egypt and “perpetually” establishes his Holy First Easter (Ex. 12, 1-15).
- MOSES – image of CHRIST – hits the Red Sea with his staff for the passage and the Salvation of the Chosen People and, hitting it again, annihilates the enemies of Israel, according to what the Psalm 2 of King-Messiah says on 8-9: Ask and I will give you the nations for your heritage, the ends of the Earth for your domain. With iron sceptre you will break them, shatter them like potter’s ware” and according to what the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse) says on 12,5: “The Woman brought a Male Child into the world, the Son who was the rule all the nations with iron sceptre and the Child was taken straight up to God and to his Throne”.
- THE POWER OF GOD, in Cloud shape, settles over the Ark, at the centre of the encampment of Israel which has at its centre the Holy Tabernacle, where God inhabits, and into which the Chosen People shall place
three signs, that will prefigure the Most Holy Eucharist and the Holy Eucharistic Tabernacle: the
Tables of the Law, that is, His Word (Verbum), “written from the God’s finger” (therefore a direct emanation of him, like his offspring); the
Moses’ staff, the symbol of the power given to him from God, and with which Moses hits the Red Sea; the
Manna, which came down from Heaven and nourished the hungry people in the desert.
- GOD chooses David as King and Prophet over Israel and promises to his descendants an Eternal Kingdom.
- JUDITH (Jdt. 8-16), detaching the head of the prince, enemy of the Chosen People and liberating it from slavery, is the image of MARY, dressed of Sun with the Moon under her feet and crowned with Twelve Stars, who crushes the head of the prince of darkness, of the “old serpent”, liberating the Chosen of Christ from the slavery of the devil.
- THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT reveals himself also during the Martyrdom of the Holy Elder Eleazar (2 M. 6, 18-31), of the Holy Seven Brothers Maccabees and of their Holy Mother (2 M. 7, 1-41), so that not be trampled on God’s Law.
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
- The Archangel Gabriel gives the Announcement to the Blessed Virgin Mary and, after her “YES”, THE SECOND PERSON OF THE MOST HOLY TRINITY BECOMES INCARNATED IN HER LAP.
- The Blessed Virgin Mary visits the Holy Elisabeth.
- JESUS IS BORN IN BETHLEHEM.
- Jesus is presented in the Temple to be offered to the Father.
- Jesus is found in the Temple.
THE MYSTERIES of the LIGHT
- Jesus is baptized in the river Jordan by John The Baptist. – (Jesus goes to John The Baptist to be baptized. He is not obliged to this baptism of repentance, but he wants to “go down” even more, he wants to be a sinner (but without sin) with sinners. In the moment he goes into the water the Heaven opens up and the Holy Spirit, in dove’s shape, settles on Him and, from Heaven, the voice of the Father proclaims: “This is my Son, the Beloved; my favour rests on Him” – Mt. 3,17).
- Jesus does the first miracle of his public Life at the Cana wedding. – (Jesus is invited, with his Disciples, to a wedding in Cana of Galilee. Since the wine was lacking, Jesus, on his Mother’s pressing request, changes the water into wine. The Gospel, which describes this event, reports the last words of the Madonna handed down from the Holy Scripture which are an always valid warning and exhortation for us: “DO WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU!” – Jn 2, 5).
- Jesus announces the advent of the Messianic Kingdom. – (Jesus proclaims that the Kingdom of God is coming, or rather that it is already among us and he affirms that just they who, purifying the heart, become «little» as a child shall enter it).
- Jesus appears transfigured into his divine Glory on the Mount Tabor with Moses and Elijah. – (Jesus climbs the Mount Tabor with Peter, John and Jacob to pray. Suddenly, He is transfigured into his divine Glory, becoming more shining than the Sun, and close to Him appear Moses and Elijah and with them He discusses his Messianic Mission of Salvation in Jerusalem. The Father again appears to Him and exhorts us: “This is my Son, the Beloved; He enjoys my favour. LISTEN TO HIM!” - Lk. 9, 35)..
- Jesus, while celebrating Pesach with the Apostles in the Cenacle, institutes the Most Holy Eucharist. – (On the Mount Zion, in the Cenacle, Jesus, while celebrating Pesach with Apostles, after He washed their feet, offers them Bread and Wine, affirming that they are his Body and his Blood, offered in Sacrifice for the Salvation of every human being: that’s the institution of the Most Holy Eucharist).
THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
- Jesus is praying in the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Jesus is being flagellated.
- Jesus is being crowned with thorns and is being condemned to death.
- Jesus is climbing The Calvary carrying the Cross.
- JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS.
THE MYSTERIES OF THE SILENCE OF GOD
OPEROSE SILENCE OF LOVE AND MERCY
- CHRIST, on the day between his Death and his Resurrection, the day of the “Divine Silence”, liberates the souls of the Just and immediately prepares a place in Heaven, for them and for the Just to come.
- MARY with a Mother’s Love and Mother of all the Church, despite the Sorrow of the Calvary and the “sword” that had pierced her Heart on the Calvary, gives hospitality not only to John but also to Peter and to the other Apostles, regretful, grieved, confused and deranged by the “scandal” of the Cross, and She heartens them and keeps them joined.
- The Mercy of the FATHER does not ascribe, as justice, to mankind the shed Blood and the broken Life of the Child-Messiah, but he accepts his total Offer for the total ransom of the man, loved by God that He so much that He even created him in his own Image and sent his One Childe for our Salvation.
- The SEED, who fell into Earth and died, the sacrificed Life of Christ and his Blood shed on the Calvary, is germinating, in this day of the “Divine Silence”, a New Life, indestructible, for them who shall welcome it in accordance to Christ’s Heart.
- The HOLY SPIRIT, in the total Silence of the Saturday, is preparing and moulding the minds and hearts of the men, who love God, to accept the «incredible» (humanly) Announcement of the Resurrection, because He, Jesus Christ, ““In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things came be, not one thing had its being but through Him. All that came to be had life in Him and that Life was the Light of men … He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Almighty … He is the sacrificed Lamb, perpetually present on the Altar of the Heaven and He one is worthy to take and open the Book and his Seven Seals and to him consign to the Father for the Eternal Glory of God, of his Angels and his Saints”.
THE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
- JESUS RESURRECTS.
- JESUS RETURNS TO HEAVEN.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT DESCENDS ON THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY AND THE APOSTLES ASSEMBLED IN PRAYER IN THE CENACLE.
- The Blessed Virgin Mary is ASSUMED into Heaven.
- The Blessed Virgin Mary is CROWNED in Heaven, Queen of Heaven and Earth.
HAIL, HOLY QUEEN!
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile show us the blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
LITANY of LORETO
Lord, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God, the Father of heaven, have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
God the Holy Spirit,
Holy Trinity, one God,
Holy Mary, pray for us.
Holy Mother of God,
Holy Virgin of virgins,
Mother of Christ,
Mother of Divine Love,
Mother of Divine Gace,
Mother of Mercy,
Mother of Hope,
Mother most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother most amiable,
Mother of Good Counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Saviour,
Mother of the Church,
Mother of the Poors,
Mother of the Lasts,
Virgin most prudent,
Virgin most venerable,
Virgin most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of Wisdom,
Cause of our Joy,
Vessel of honour,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Chosen Daughter of Zion,
Tower of David,
Tower if ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the Covenant,
Gate of Heaven,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Solace of Migrants,
Comfort of the afflicted,
Help of Christians,
Queen of Angels,
Queen of Patriarchs,
Queen of Prophets,
Queen of Apostles,
Queen of Martyrs,
Queen of Confessors,
Queen of Virgins,
Queen of all Saints,
Queen conceived without original sin,
Queen assumed into heaven,
Queen of the most Holy Rosary,
Queen of Families,
Queen of Peace.
Mother and Queen of Carmel,
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy on us, O Lord.
Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts that we, to whom the Incarnation of Christ, Your Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Sign of the Cross: In Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Arcidiocesi di Reggio Calabria-Bova - Nihil obstat, 12.2.2008